The library is always accepting applications. Download and print an application.
Positions currently available:
Poplar Creek Public Library seeks a Maintenance worker for its part-time 15 hours per week position. Works under the direction of the Head of Maintenance. Duties may include meeting room set ups, handle mechanical equipment, inside and outside work, other responsibilities as needed. Minimum requirements High school diploma or GED, experience in custodial and building maintenance, valid driver’s license / proof of insurance. The schedule may include evenings and/or weekends. This is a non-exempt position starting at $14.98 per hour. Job applications can be obtained from our Website www.poplarcreeklibrary.org or in person at 1405 S. Park Ave, Streamwood Il, 60107 630-837-6800
Technology Support Specialist
This position is responsible for assisting the Head of Technology in maintaining all computer, network and electronic equipment within the library. The position reports to the Head of Technology.
This position is a part-time (15 hours per week), non-exempt position starting at $14.98/hour.
- Respond to patron and staff issues with technology.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and patrons.
- Configure and troubleshoot workstations for the public and staff.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Maintain and develop technical documentation.
- Knowledge of hardware and software.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks at once.
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Knowledge of or experience with Microsoft operating systems.
- Knowledge of or experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of or experience installing and configuring hardware and software.
- High school degree or higher.
- Heavy lifting required (up to 50 pounds).
- Pushing heavy book carts required (up to 200 pounds).
- Some bending, crawling, kneeling, squatting and stooping required.
To apply, please download and print an application and return it along with a resume and cover letter to the reception desk located on the second floor.