The library is always accepting applications. Download and print an application
Positions currently available:
Position Title: Graphic Design and Marketing Coordinator
Pay Grade 6
Reports to: The Public Relations/Adult Programming Coordinator
Part Time: 20 hours per week, with occasional extra hours
Salary: Starting from $17.19 per hour, depending upon experience and education
The Poplar Creek Public Library is looking for an energetic, creative and enthusiastic graphic artist to assist in our marketing department. This is a non-exempt part-time position. Under the direction of the Public Relations/Adult Programming Coordinator, this individual will be responsible for designing and editing library publications including print and electronic newsletters, and other promotional items such as posters, flyers and banners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and edit library publications
- Work with the Public Relations/Adult Programming Coordinator to develop the library’s social media presence
- To assist the IT department in the ongoing development of the website
- Coordinate the implementation of a consistent library brand and identity
- Advise staff on graphic standards, punctuation, fonts, etc.
- Oversee library signage
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Assist with programming as needed
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in graphic design
- Bachelor’s degree and experience preferred
- Experience with graphic design software
- Ability to work effectively with other staff throughout the library
- Fluent in the English language; a second language is desired
- An enthusiastic library supporter
Eligible for Partial Benefits:
- IMRF retirement fund
- Paid sick time off
- Paid vacation time off
Monday – Friday 1-5. Available to work one evening or weekend day per week as needed. Hours must be flexible.
Please submit job application, resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com
Assistant Dept. Head (full time)
LOCATION: Government Documents' Department,
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK (includes evening and weekend hours)
Pay Grade: 9 Exempt Position
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible to and assists the Head as the second in command in the Department. Trains and supervises Department’s employees and volunteers, responsible for the daily function during the absence of the Department Head by possessing a high degree of diplomacy, customer service and organizational skills to facilitate communication among the Department and with other Library units. Serves as a cataloging expert. Provides accurate reference service to Library patrons. Other duties as assigned, including contributing and participating in cooperative activities within the community.
MLS in Library Science plus 3 years of library experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility. Advanced knowledge and skill in reference techniques, cataloging ability, computer and internet literacy, and strong interpersonal skills. Able to manage and prioritize multiple issues and tasks; work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions and within tight deadlines; demonstrate a commitment to learning and continued commitment to the profession. Knowledge in handling government information in all formats desired. Supervisory experience and bilingual candidates preferred. Starting annual salary is $50,720, dependent upon experience and knowledge.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Additional information about this position and a copy of the complete job description, and the Library’s application form can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 630-837-6800 x4940.
Send cover letter and resume to Paulette Harding, Government Documents' Department, Poplar Creek Public Library District, 1405 S. Park Ave., Streamwood, IL, 60107. Library application and 3 references will be requested of applicants during the interviewing process.
(2 positions open)
Title: Adult Services Reference Desk Library Technical Assistant (LTA)
Pay Grade: 6
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week, evenings and weekend hours required.
Schedule: Hours will cover mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends depending on the scheduling needs of the department.
Salary: $17.19 per hour
The Poplar Creek Public Library District is seeking two Adult Services Reference Desk Library Technical Assistant (LTA) to assist professional staff at the Reference Desk. Part-time position will also provide public service at the Reader’s Advisory, AV/Media, the Young Adult and Ask Me Desk as needed. Major duties will include assisting patrons with computer questions at the service desks, answer basic reference questions using both print and electronic sources and to assist professional staff with collection maintenance. Other duties will include assisting interlibrary loan staff. Applicant must possess computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, online catalog and databases. Must have ability to maintain confidentiality. A six month probationary period is required.
- Library Technical Assistant Certification and/or Bachelor’s Degree
- Library experience a plus or desired
- Must have excellent communication skills and have the ability of maintain a pleasant disposition when working with a diverse people.
- Bilingual Spanish or other languages a plus.
- Must be able to use and understand both verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and read computer screens and call numbers on library materials and know Dewey Decimal classification.
- Must be able to move to shelves, computer areas, and other areas of department to assist users.
Application Contact: Janice Beckman, Head of Adult Services
Please submit a cover letter, resume and application to Jobs@poplarcreeklibrary.org. A printable application is available on the Poplar Creek Library website at www.poplarcreeklibrary.org. Click on tab “About the Library” and select “Employment Opportunities.” Scan application and email to the above email address or mail to: Attn: Janice Beckman, Head of Adult Services, Poplar Creek Public Library, and 1405 S. Park Ave., Streamwood, IL 60107/
No telephone calls please.